February 23, 2010

Quilting by Moi!


I finished up this little quilt the other night for a co-worker's 2 yr old son. He needed a quilt since he just became a Big Brother a couple of months ago. I call this one "Monkey Business".

His baby sister got this quilt. They didn't know if she was a boy or girl so when I found this deer fabric, I knew it would work for either. Though I was secretly wishing it was a girl! It was quilted by Karen's Quilted Creations. She did an awesome job! I just sent her two others to quilt that should be landing on her doorstep tomorrow.
I found the tumbler block pattern over at Moda Bake Shop. It is by a great blogger / quilter amandajean from crazymomquilts. Unfortunately, she no longer blogs - bummer! But her blog is still up and she has some great quilt pics of her projects. Though I didn't make this from a charm pack (I used mostly fat quarters), it still went together very quickly and I just added a couple of borders to make it a little bigger. A.N.D I quilted it myself!! Not perfect but it got the job done!

Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway!
Have a Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. I really need to learn to be more capable at quilting things myself. You did a great job quilting the "big brother" quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts!! I love how you made that thimble quilt so fun and modern for the new big brother. Its such a shame that AmandaJean stopped her blog ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful quilts! I am sure they will just adore them for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts - fantastic fabrics and colours. Amandajean was a phenomenal quilter. No wonder she is having a rest. She was very generous to share her quilts and patterns. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm---I thought I had commented on this; how did I miss it? I spent quite a bit of time enjoying Amandajean's beautiful blog and quilting.
    I love your monkeys and deer; both will be much loved! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those tumbler blocks and little deer!

    very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both beautiful. I especially like the color scheme for the tumblers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The deer are so cute! That is something I would have picked out for a boy or girl. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're both cute but I'm partial to the tumbler. I've made a couple myself but they're not done yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. If you have a question, feel free to ask and I'll email you back!