September 21, 2009

Weekend Update

Our first couple of days without rain! Yeah! It was beginning to look like Seattle around here in Texas. I love the rain and all but come on! It's been 20 days since my lawn has been mowed. It's looking like a jungle in our backyard.

So we started off our weekend Saturday morning with our first outdoor soccer game of the Fall season. The girls did a great job - winning 8-0. Much better than we faired in any of our indoor games. We started off with new uniforms in a new color - no red this season. Maybe hunter green with be a good winning color for us. So far, so good.


Celebrating our 8-0 Victory! Way to go Super Shots!

Then Sunday was Eid, the end of the Muslim holiday Ramadan. My husband's cousin and his family came by for a nice visit. The kids had a great time. This is the first picture ever of all of them together.
Then after our visitors left and a nice dinner out, I got the kids settled for the night. I then was out in the sewing room burning the night oil. And this is what I managed to get finished. Actually, I worked on alot more, just didn't think twice to take pictures. Must have been the late hour. Oh well, I'll have pics of those project tomorrow. One is another baby quilt for a friend at work and about 1/2 of my signature blocks for the swap Melissa is hosting. But here is my one finished projects. The I Spy quilt for my boss' grandson. It was quilted by Debbie Cramer in Iowa. I met her thru ebay and she's been quilting for me for a few years now. Another great job Debbie!
Hope everyone is starting their week out good. Til tomorrow!

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. If you have a question, feel free to ask and I'll email you back!