March 10, 2010

Quilts for Kids

I saw another quilty blogger had made a quilt for the charity Quilts for Kids and I thought it was a great idea so I logged onto their website and ordered a kit. It was shipped to me within a week and comes with everything except batting. And the strips and focus squares are already cut! How much easier could it be to make a quilt for a child in need. These quilts are given to kids in hospitals that are battling cancer, AIDS and other life threatening illnesses or child abuse.

I encourage each of my quilty friends to go over and order a kit and make a quilt for a child in need. This kit is so super easy. The directions and pattern are very easy to follow and it makes up in no time at all. It's taking me a little longer since the only time I've been able to sew lately is after the kids go to bed and then it's only an hour here and there. But here is where I'm at so far. The fabrics are so cute. My blocks are sewn together. Now to sew the rows together and add my two borders and voila! Quilt top will be done.

So pop on over and order a kit. When I get this one ready, I might just request me up another one! They also encourage you to send one made from your own stash. I KNOW I've got plenty to make one with my own fabrics. I think I'll do that!

It's Wednesday.....it's all downhill from here. :-)



3 comments:

  1. Some child will love that quilt. I'm going to check out their website. Sounds like a good cause. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt! That's my go to pattern. :) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. I forgot to take a picture before I sent mine off yesterday, but it was similar - there were pandas and not Dalmatians. they certainly are sending wonderful fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. If you have a question, feel free to ask and I'll email you back!