August 30, 2010

Mom's Progress

Back a couple of weeks ago, I had my mother over one Saturday and we had ourselves a sew-in. Well, mother finally got the top sewn together for her Quilts for Kids quilt. The dinosaur fabric is just adorable. Last night I got it quilted and tonight I'm going to be sewing on the binding so she can finish it off while Malek naps when she comes to watch him on Wednesday. Such a simple pattern and so cute. I really should cut up some of my stash and make a couple more myself.


She's also working on a string block quilt for my aunt (her sister) for her birthday at the end of September. She's going to use light pink as a filler sashing and a first border and then add another darker/brighter pink similar to the block centers for the main overall border.
And what blog entry wouldn't be complete with a random pick of my son clad only in a beach towel? His expression is priceless. Like someone just startled him out of the bath! hehe

Another day, another quilt top.....

2 comments:

  1. Your mom's quilt turned out really cute, and you know, for sure, how much I love pink! I have a feeling Malek is going to give you a hard time about that picture someday.
    That's really a cute sign off line! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both lovely quilts. I'm working on the Quilts for Kids too. They certainly do provide beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. If you have a question, feel free to ask and I'll email you back!