August 09, 2010

Weekend Sew-In

Well, to help my mom, as well as myself, get the motivation to get back into sewing, I held a little sew-in at my house on Saturday. She came over about 7:30am and we sewed our little hearts out. Yummy snacks and a crock pot beans included. Both of the kids even joined in. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of Emma sewing but she worked on some charm squares that she's making into a baby quilt to donate to a child in need. Here's Malek getting Emma's seat "warmed up".

This is how Malek spent alot of his time "helping" his Nana sew - standing in the chair behind her back. She worked on a super cute dinosaur quilt for the Downy Quilts for Kids charity. Again - no pics - guess I was just too busy sewing myself! It's a great charity though and they send you just about everything you need to make a great little quilt for someone in need.
And I made a little more progress on the quilt top for my former co-worker that had the brain tumor removed. I've got to applique the letters down and add a yoyo for the dot over the I and then I can start quilting it. I freehanded the letters similar to the ones that are on the ME website. Wanted it to be as authentic as possible.
And last but not least - Friday afternoon, I took the boy in for his 18 month (where did time go!) checkup. He is currently 26.2 lbs and 34 inches tall! He's averaging about 2-3 inches every 3 months since he turned 1.
Have a great week - quilt on!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with that quilt you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is so beautiful! What a thoughtful gesture - I'm sure your friend will love it.

    Also, I'm digging your hexies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before you know it, that 18-month old sweetie will be an 18-year old heart throb!
    And you will have a very proud friend, when she receives that cute quilt. Very nice job! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet quilt. Love the pictures. Sewing with a baby is no easy feat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your friends quilt!! So beautiful! Malek is growing so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Friends quilt is beautiful! I love the picture of Malek warming up the seat. He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. If you have a question, feel free to ask and I'll email you back!