October 13, 2010

State Fair of Texas

We went to the State Fair on Monday and boy did we have a great time. Nana even got to come along with us. This was Malek's first time and Emma's 3rd. She hasn't been since she was about 2 so it was like going for the first time all over again for her too.
giant tractors.....

baby giraffes.....

baby donkeys (or as Emma used to call them - Honkeys)

baby camels and big camels - check out those lashes!!

and baby piggies!!

And here's Malek trying to decide whether to share the kibble with this goat. Yes - my son ate goat kibble.

First and last ride Malek rode.....

This is his new "CHEESE" face.

Assuming the "CHEESE" face with his Nana.

3 Generations....

running thru the water....


The Original Big Tex Head.

And poor Emma after we made her schuck corn all day....no posing - really. This is what she looked like by the end of the day.

And that's why I only have 2 quilt pics. Kids were DONE by this point.


But at least I got a picture of this cute baseball quilt. I must have been channeling the Rangers!! Congrats to my Arlington, Texas Rangers on winning the ALDS!!! Bring on them Yankees!!
At least the night ended happily!

Halloween's a-comin'! What are you dressing up as?
Here's a little hint for what I'll be whipping up for my two - ARRRRGGGGHHH!
Also - Happy Birthday Momma!!! Can't wait to celebrate on Friday!!

3 comments:

  1. How fun...loved all the smiling faces and of course, the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that baseball quilt; the pattern fascinates me, and the colors are great too! I would love to see the Fair, but I don't do Dallas, except the quilt show when I go with a group and a great driver! I used to go to the Fair every year, and really miss it. Glad you had a great time with your family there! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I forgot! GO, RANGERS! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. If you have a question, feel free to ask and I'll email you back!